[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD rc.d scripts or shutdown howto?

Patrick Agrain patrick.agrain at alcatel-lucent.fr
Tue Aug 21 12:07:25 UTC 2007

At 13:50 21/08/2007, you wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Patrick Agrain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've found the same behavior on RHES 4.5 with nut-2.2.0.
>
>What you explain below isn't what happens for FreeBSD.

Hmmm...
If I recall what Bryan wrote in its first mail :
"I am starting upsd, upsmon, etc in my FreeBSD's /etc/rc.local, because
it's easy. BUT... rc.shutdown seems kill off all those processes prior
to excuting my upsdrvctl shutdown command, thereby preventing any ups
communications and yup, the power don't get killed."

This is the behavior I saw after installing, configuring, starting NUT and
simulating a lowbatt alarm on a RHES4.5.

>The file systems are not unmounted except for when init exits (nor are
>they remounted read only or anything like that)

Meaby the cause are not the same, but the what happens ( UPS is not shut
down ) is the same.

Patrick Agrain