[Nut-upsuser] Nut 2.2.0 also broke Belkin 1200 Universal UPS'

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Aug 26 17:51:50 UTC 2007

>> > Bus 003 Device 002: ID 050d:1100 Belkin Components
>> >
>> > # /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a belkin
>> > Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30
>> (2.2.0-)
>> >
>> > No matching HID UPS found
>> >
>> > Hmm best to stick with 2.0.4.
>>
>> No. Just run the driver in debug mode and you'll see what you have to do
>> to start it again.
> Perhaps we should lower the debug level of that particular set of
> error messages to 0?

No, here the message should be send via fatalx or fatal_with_errno. The
upsdebugx and upsdebug_with_errno should remain reserved for debugging,
with levels > 0. I agree that drivers should be as verbose as possible if
it finds it can't connect.

> It seems to be useful even when not debugging.

Other useful information should be logged via upslogx and
upslog_with_errno, which will also go to the console when we're not
backgrounded yet.

Best regards, Arjen