[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNIVS1500XL, tripplite_usb, Error reading {L, S, B} value

Forest Bond - Logic Supply forest.bond at logicsupply.com
Fri Feb 16 17:36:20 CET 2007

Hi,

> The "Error reading Unit ID" is normal on this model, because it does
> not appear to support that particular command.

OK

> The other errors look like they did not show up in the debug log
> requested by Arjen - true?

On line 428:

Error reading L value: Unknown error 0

And on line 446:

Error reading S value: Unknown error 0

(These occurred shortly after I unplugged the UPS to trigger activity.)

> I need to revise the polling timeouts for when the unit is offline,
> but otherwise, it is probably working. (Some commands take several
> tries to get through.)

Hmm, I didn't let the test run for very long; I'm happy to perform some
variation on that test, if you need different timing.  Otherwise, what you just
said doesn't mean much to me, so if you don't need anything else from me, just
ignore this paragraph :).

> Can you send the output of 'upsc name-of-ups at localhost'?

I don't actually have upsd up and running.  It may be a few minutes for me to do
that, at which point I'm happy to send the info you need.  Is there some other
command I can run to get what you're looking for without yet completing the full
nut setup?

thanks,
Forest
--