[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova AVR 600 USB on FreeBSD

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:31:21 CET 2007

2007/2/20, Rob Wise <rob at wonk.org>:
> Just to follow up on my recent success - it seems the workaround is
> not working 100%.  I stopped getting data from the UPS after a while
> and had to restart usbhid-ups to get it working again.  I ran it with
> -DDDD and caught the following just before it died:
> ---Start output---
> parsing BelowRemainingCapacityLimit
> hid_lookup_usage: found 850042
> Path depth = 4
> 0: Usage(00840004)
> 1: Usage(00840024)
> 2: Usage(00840002)
> 3: Usage(00850042)
> =>> Before exponent: 0, 0/0)
> =>> After conversion: 0.000000 (0), 0/0)
> upsdrv_updateinfo...
> Waiting for notifications...
> Notification: (0 bytes) =>
> Report[i]: (0 bytes) =>
> parsing UPS
> hid_lookup_usage: found 840004
> parsing PowerSummary
> hid_lookup_usage: found 840024
> parsing PresentStatus
> hid_lookup_usage: found 840002
> parsing ACPresent
> hid_lookup_usage: found 8500d0
> Path depth = 4
> 0: Usage(00840004)
> 1: Usage(00840024)
> 2: Usage(00840002)
> 3: Usage(008500d0)
> Entering libusb_get_report
> Can't retrieve Report 2 (5): Input/output error
> = device has been disconnected, try to reconnect =
> Closing device
> Reopening device
> Checking device (0463/FFFF) (/dev/usb0//dev/ugen0)
> - VendorID: 0463
> - ProductID: ffff
> - Manufacturer: unknown
> - Product: unknown
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: /dev/usb0
> Trying to match device
> Device does not match - skipping
> No appropriate HID device found
> upsdrv_updateinfo...
>
> =>Got to reconnect!

> = device has been disconnected, try to reconnect =
> Closing device
> usbhid-ups in free(): error: chunk is already free
> Abort
> ---END output---
>
> At that point it had been running for about 8 hours.  Any ideas?

not an idea, but comments:
The usb problem is huger than thought (not limited to interrupt handling)
It seems that the ugen <-> UPS connection is lost somewhere, and can't
be reattached ("Device does not match - skipping").

When in the above situation, does relaunching newhidups / usbhid-ups
solves the point (=> does the driver start and run fine?)

It seems freebsd has got some more work to be done on the USB stack...

Arnaud