[Nut-upsuser] Revive support for HP PowerTrust?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:24:46 CET 2007

2007/1/2, Jakob Haufe <sur5r at gmx.de>:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm currently looking for a monitoring program for a HP PowerTrust UPS
> (A2998A) for Linux.
>
> It seems that nut supported these UPSs until version 1.4.3. What was the
> reason for the driver being removed from nut? Are there plans to
> reintegrate it?
>
> I was playing around with the UPS and put the results here:
>
> http://www.project-athlon.org/wiki/index.php/HP_PowerTrust_A2998A
>
> They seem to be consistent with the docs inside the former hp.c

I've not digged the subject, but HP's UPSs are always rebranded units
from Powerware, MGE (some old MR models IIRC) or maybe APC.
So having a look at apcsmart, upscode2 and bcmxcp might also be a good
idea to revive such support.

but once more, I've not digged this issue, and have no knowledges
about the implied protocols.

Arnaud