[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD UPS (USB)

Paul Cooley pcooley.newsgroups at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 05:13:53 CET 2007

Hello NUT-UPSUSERS,

I would just like to try and help other and indicate that I was able to use
the development trunk and get the Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD UPS (USB) working
with the newhidups drivers on Gentoo Linux.  The one that is currently
available at many local Costco stores and online.

In case others need to replicate, I've attempted to document my steps over
here.
http://linuxlore.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-set-up-nut-on-gentoo-linux-for.html

Thanks for all your hard work NUT-DEVs!  Most details appear to work fine.
One thing I note is that the beeper.off (Disable the UPS beeper) doesn't
seem to work.  I am willing, with a little guidance, to learn and experiment
with my setup to figure out what is going on there and submit a fix.

Thank-you,
Paul Cooley