[Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Jan 26 05:06:25 CET 2007

Jon,

there were some threads in December on the nut-upsdev list, with
subjects such as "megatec over USB". Andrey Lelikov had written a
patch for a "SVEN Pro+" device, and Alexander I. Gordeev is still
continuing to work on it to support his "Krauler" device. But as far
as I know, this has not yet been tested much, and Alexander is still
working on it (see his most recent post on January 23).

Last time I took inventory, here is the list of devices that *may* use
a similar protocol (dubbed "megatec-over-USB"):

* Krauler UP-M500VA (see Alexander I. Gordeev's thread on nut-upsdev,
  November 2006)
* Ablerex 625L (see Lau Kim Ping's thread on nut-upsuser, October
  2006)
* Atlantis-Land S1501 (made by Ablerex) (see ngpost1's threads on
  nut-upsuser and nut-upsdev, December 2005)
* Belkin F6H500ukUNV (made by MEC?) (see the thread by meherenow,
  spamwhole, and Robert Kent on nut-upsdev, September 2006)
* SVEN Pro+ USB (see Andrey Lelikov's posts on nut-upsdev, starting
  December 2006)

I don't have any further information at this point, but you could get
in touch with Alexander to see if he has a tryable version of Andrey's
patch, or you could try Andrey's patch (which was posted on the
mailing list) directly.

-- Peter