[Nut-upsuser] Can not find the Belkin F6H375-USB

dcw dwoody1 at charter.net
Mon Jun 4 00:30:38 UTC 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007 5:49 pm, you wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Since you said this worked under 2.0.4 on Mandriva, I will suggest
> > that this product ID be added to the driver for the next release. (The
> > 2.0.4 Belkin HID driver apparently didn't check the VID at all, just
> > the PID.)
But the 2.0.4 does not work on CentOS5 which is a clone of RHEL5.
The 2.0.5 does not work on CentOS5 either.
I added the following line to /etc/udev/rules.d/025_nut-usbups.rules for
version 2.0.5:
SYSFS{idVendor}=="050d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0375", MODE="664", GROUP="ups"

This did not help.

I assume that since it works on Mandriva 2006 and not CentOS5 that there is a
configuration error on CentOS separate from the nut software. Would CentOS
mailing list be the best place to ask about that or stay with this thread and
see if others have any input?

> Actually, before I add this, what's the full model name?
>
> Some of the other Belkin entries in driver.data are "Home Office
> F6H350-SER", "Universal UPS F6C100-UNV", "Office Series F6C550-AVR",
> etc.
The box the ups came in does not refer to HOME or HOME OFFICE in the name. It
just has Belkin Backup Battery. The only item I can find that resembles a
model number is : F6H375-USB.

Perhaps the 'H' indicates a HOME unit.

David