[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jun 20 06:59:34 UTC 2007

>> As an experiment, if I compile just the driver from 2.2.0-pre1 (with the
>> required options), can I expect it to work ? (assuming the problem was
>> solved in this version)
> Assuming you're coming from version 2.0.5, this will work. It won't be
> compatible with earlier versions, since we changed the naming of the
> driver sockets. I don't see the advantage of just compiling a driver
> though. You'd need to setup the build environment anyway, so you might
> just as well compile the rest of the package too.

I was referring to the powerpanel driver here. Don't expect the cpsups
driver to be fixed (ever). Nobody has cared for it in the past two years
and we have a more generic driver now, that will deal with all Cyber Power
UPSes (text and binary protocol). We will probably drop the cpsups driver
from the tree by the time we release nut-2.2.0.

Best regards, Arjen