[Nut-upsuser] false alerts/shutdown

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:04:52 UTC 2007

Hi Stijn,

all apologies for being so late to answer. As told to other, the
APC|MGE merger, and now with Powerware entering the deal to buy MGE
small units, makes me more busy than even...

Back to your problem, I've identified and hunted the bug, thanks to
Marc Rechté who provided the necessary information.

I've just commited the fix into the Testing and trunk branches:
http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/timeline ChangeSet 1000 (not yet
available at the time of writing)

This will be available in the next 2.2.0-pre and so in the final 2.2.0 version.

If you are also interested in validating the fix, we can check for a
delivery method (source tree, patch, package, ...)

2007/6/13, Stijn Gruwier <sg at schaubroeck.be>:

>  Hello,
>
>  I've installed Nut (2.0.5) on RedHat a week ago, and upsmon seems to
> generate false alarms every hour:

>  Jun  8 06:10:56 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on line power
>  Jun  8 06:35:46 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on battery
>  Jun  8 06:35:51 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on line power
>  Jun  8 07:24:47 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on battery
>  Jun  8 07:24:52 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on line power
>  Jun  8 08:27:07 nutevalserver upsmon[2849]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
> on battery
>  The UPS is a MGE Evolution 650 connected by usb to the server. The nut
> driver I'm using is newhidups and the configuration looks like this:
>  [usb-mge-evolution]
>         driver = newhidups
>         port = auto
>         vendorid = 0463
>         productid = ffff
>         desc = "MGE evolution ups,in de installatieruimte ter test"
>
>  Did anyone experience this before or has some advice?

thanks for your patience,
Arnaud