[Nut-upsuser] NUT and MGE Ellipse ASR 1500 under FreeBSD.

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:31:09 UTC 2007

quickly passing by before going on a week of holidays.

@Thierry: we never got time to finish together some documentation on
the subject, and I can't recall the exact situation. Can make a small
summary?
We'll check together for the piece of doc when I'm back.

2007/5/16, Alex Bakhtin <bakhtin at amt.ru>:
> Daniel,
>
>  >> I have Ellipse ASR 1500 UPS and now I'm trying to monutor it
>  >> with NUT from FreeBSD. It seems that there are some problems with
>  >> this UPS:
>
>  DO> I have not had much luck with MGE UPSs talking to FreeBSD boxes using
>  DO> USB.
>
>      Arnaud Quette from MGE helped me to start driver. It's necessary to
> specify user, because by default it runs under 'nobody' privileges. But NUT
> still doesn't work, he sent me a link
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-February/002295.html,
> which describes some bug in the FreeBSD USB implementation.
>
>  DO> I stick with RS232 and they work fine though.
>
>      Unfortunatelly, I have only one serial port on this box, which is used
> as a console now. The only chance to add another serial is usb-com adapter.

I've validated such a conf is working fine with mge-shut.
but I'd rather prefer to bug hunt the USB problem, and finally have
the *bsd newhidups support...

@Charles: I still have your libhid mail underhand. Maybe we'll have to
push this more quickly...

Arnaud