[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Belkin USB UPSes

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Thu May 17 13:16:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007 13:10:17 +0400, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> On 5/17/07, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
>> The Ubuntu package of nut-2.0.4 that I've installed has a megatec
>> driver (written by you, I notice) but no megatec_usb.  I take it this
>> means I'll need to build with SVN trunk?
>
> Yes, that driver is quite new and hasn't made it into a stable release yet.
>
> I'm not the "megatec_usb" maintainer though, so I can't be of much
> help there, but I'm CC:ing the dev list, the right people should be
> reading that at least.

Thanks, Carlos!

Hi Eric,

Please, check out latest sources from SVN or download the latest snapshot
(thanks Charles):
http://boxster.ghz.cc/~buildbot/nut-2.1.0-r900.tar.gz
- then you can skip 'autoreconf'.

You can test both megatec_usb subdrivers this way, for example:

megatec_usb -DDD -x vendorid=0665 -x subdriver=agiler -u root auto
megatec_usb -DDD -x vendorid=0665 -x subdriver=krauler -u root auto

Generally, you have to be root to run these commands. Please, write back the
output.

--
   Alexander