[Nut-upsuser] upsd does not strt up

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon May 21 18:57:00 UTC 2007

Zoltan Farkas wrote:

> Sorry about the truss output,

Thanks a lot for your help in resolving this matter! We really
appreciate this.

> Here is the return for point 1:
>
> # ./upsd -4 -DDD
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
> listen_add: added 127.0.0.1:3493
> listen_add: added 192.168.1.8:3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> setuptcp: protocol mismatch [0]
> not listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493

OK, I more or less expected that. This doesn't seem to be the problem here.

> Point 2, made the changes and here is the result:
>
> # ./upsd -DDD
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
> listen_add: added 127.0.0.1:3493
> listen_add: added 192.168.1.8:3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> setuptcp: protocol mismatch [0]
> listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to 192.168.1.8 port 3493
> setuptcp: protocol mismatch [0]
> listening on 192.168.1.8 port 3493
> Connected to UPS [z2ups]: z2ups
> Pinging UPS [z2ups]
> UPS [z2ups]: dump is done
> Got PONG from UPS [z2ups]
> Pinging UPS [z2ups]
> Got PONG from UPS [z2ups]
> Pinging UPS [z2ups]
> Got PONG from UPS [z2ups]
> Pinging UPS [z2ups]
> Got PONG from UPS [z2ups]
> Pinging UPS [z2ups]
> Got PONG from UPS [z2ups]

This seems to fix things. Could you try running 'upsc z2ups at localhost'
to verify if you can still communicate through the listening sockets? We
probably already know the answer, so assuming you'll be able to
communicate through these sockets, I proactively committed the change
just a few minutes ago.

Best regards, Arjen