[Nut-upsuser] BNT-1000AP

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 6 19:28:43 UTC 2007

> Hi guys,
>
> We've got a BNT-1000AP (powercom) BlackKnight UPS that works with the
> KIN1500AP model in the powercom driver.  Well, almost.  It seems the
> input frequency and the battery charge is swapped around:
>
> # upsc blackknight at localhost
> battery.charge: 46.5
> driver.name: powercom
> driver.parameter.manufacturer: BlackKnight
> driver.parameter.modelname: BNT-1000AP
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS1
> driver.parameter.type: KIN1500AP
> driver.version: 2.0.5
> driver.version.internal: $ Revision: 0.5 $
> input.frequency: 95.25
> input.voltage: 220.9
> input.voltage.nominal: 230
> output.frequency: 95.25
> output.voltage: 219.0
> ups.load: 23.8
> ups.mfr: BlackKnight
> ups.model: BNT-1000AP
> ups.model.type: KIN1500AP
> ups.serial: Unknown
> ups.status: OL
>
> Is there any way to confirm that?

Unless you can confirm your findings by measuring the frequency and
battery charge through an external means, probably not. Chances are that
the only problem is, that the (hardcoded) coefficients in the driver to
calculate these values are wrong for the BNT-1000AP. Preferably we would
like to see the values reported by the UPS and one from a calibrated
instrument for several frequencies and battery charge levels. Unless you
can get hold of such instrument, there is probably nothing you can do to
help us here. Just a suspicion that these may be swapped just isn't
enough.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands