[Nut-upsuser] Incorrect 'low battery' detected with Back-UPS XS 1200 (usbhid-ups)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 18 09:16:18 UTC 2007

>> You trimmed off the initial (and most interesting) part of the startup
>> of this driver. Don't do that, unless we ask you to do so.
>
> Okay......
>
> Here is the output. I saved it to a file for better readability.

That is a lot more informative, thanks.

> http://www.uno-code.com/files/nut.output.txt

Ouch, this really sucks! It looks like the feature reports for this UPS
are completely bogus and that we should only use the reports we get on the
interrupt pipeline for this unit (which seem to be correct). That is not
what we should expect, although we can probably work around that (even if
I have no idea how yet).

I would like you to run the same command again, so that we can double
check that indeed the feature reports are really broken for this UPS.
About every 30 seconds after startup of the driver, it will re-read them,
so we can see if these reports change if you run it for about 45 seconds.

In order to get more debug information, could you please upgrade to the
latest version from the SVN trunk? You'll need to be able to upgrade
anyway in the near feature, since this inevitably is going to mean that we
have to modify the usbhid-ups driver.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands