[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Krzysztof Sasiak krzsas at o2.pl
Wed Nov 21 18:22:55 UTC 2007

Jimmy Jazz <Jimmy.Jazz at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to use megatec_usb with a Powermust 1000VA USB with the hal
> driver activated (hald-addon-megatec_usb). If you are lucky,
> megatec_usb will be able to recognize your ups if you force the
> "agiler" subdriver in your ups.conf.
>
> Here is my config:
>
>  sys-power/nut-2.2.0 with both hal and usb supports,
>
> ups.conf  (productid/vendorid will probably differ 06da,0003?),
>
>  [PowerMust]
>        driver = megatec_usb
>        port=auto
>        vendorid = 0665
>        productid = 5161
>        subdriver = "agiler"
>        desc = "Mustek PowerMust 1000Va USB"
>        mfr = "Mustek"
>        model = "PowerMust 1000 USB"
>

> Also, hald fills up dmesg with a lot of "uninitialized something"
> messages related to the hald-addon-xxx driver. It was quite annoying.
> That's why i don't use it anymore (gnome-power-manager will recognize
> your nut device through hald).
>
> Also, I changed 52_nut-usbups.rules with 52-nut-usbups.rules in
> Makefile.in to help udev to understand it  (sed -e
> "s:52_nut-usbups.rules:52-nut-usbups.rules:" -i
> scripts/udev/Makefile.in) - probably unnecessary now.
>

> Jj

Hi,
I modified your config accordingly and now I get the following message:

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver
[megatec_usb]

debug level is '3'
Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/002)
- VendorID: 06da
- ProductID: 0003
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Starting UPS detection process...
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

It clearly is trying to communicate so it seems the protocol may be
unsupported.

--
Best wishes

Krzysztof Sasiak