[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Tue Oct 30 23:47:47 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

At last I have managed nut to work as I think need for me.
Using notify facility and a small script I starting shutdown as UPS switch
to battery. Finally I have decided install sudo - here I should make some
more work to do - limiting as possible.
Using "ondelay = 30" in ups.conf I have managed to wait more time after
the line power is back - other question why this so unreliable:( I have
measured time at 16 min upto 32 min (ondelay = 30 should give 30x10sec = 5
min) - but I do not care it is not so important for me.
Also using some script to manage start of driver more reliable - I
experienced  two times that it is failed from about 40 times of restart.

I decided this because ups with 2x150W lamps could work with inner limit
30% charge work only once, if charge was at least 95%!? Because of the
communication problems it also could fail on first time . as I experienced
it frequently happend at around when battery is near to his limit.

After all I will wait for a new, production strong "newmge-shut" driver!

Thanks
  tovis