[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite UPS

Lelsie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 07:37:52 UTC 2008

	OK, thanks for forwarding it.

	1. OK.  I'll happily provide any debug info or compile any code you
might need on my system.  I can't send you my 1500XL, but I can make my
system pretty available.

	2. NUT 2.2.2-6.2  I'm not sure how to look up any extensions, unless
you need me to look up the versions of libc6, libupsclient1,libusb, etc.
The only other package I am running other than NUT (and of course its
dependencies) is knutclient 0.9.4-1

	3. Permanently.  That's why I had to write the script.

	4. What Windows shows is correct.  It's really not hard to know a
fully charged 24VDC battery pack should not read as 16V, and as I said, a
voltmeter confirms the reported values are incorrect.  Irrespective of what
Windows does, the Linux driver should report correct values.

	5. Here are the results of the upsc comand:

RAID-Server:/RAID/Recordings# upsc -L RAID-Server
RAID-Server: TrippLite OmniSV 1500XL
RAID-Server:/RAID/Recordings# upsc Raid-Server
battery.charge: 100
battery.voltage: 14.50
battery.voltage.nominal: 24
driver.name: tripplite_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb
driver.version: 2.2.2
driver.version.internal: 0.11
input.voltage: 113.37
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 114.0
ups.debug.load_banks: 0
ups.debug.V: 31 30 34 30 58 58 0d '1040XX.'
ups.delay.shutdown: 64
ups.firmware: F2211.A
ups.firmware.aux: protocol 2001
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: UPS
ups.power.nominal: 1500
ups.status: OL

I've included a snippet from the syslog (remember, the script checks for
tripplite_usb in memory every 5 seconds and runs "/etc/init.d/nut start" if
it is not in memory.