[Nut-upsuser] Unitek UPS 1250xD - megatec_usb driver

Matt Brown matt at mbrown.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 17:50:13 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I am a newcomer to Nut, so firstly hello :-)

I am keen to implement Nut and have been digging around most of the
day to see how to get my two Unitek 1250xD UPS devices working.

I have now managed to get nut installed (from source 2.2.0) and have
(I think) success. I found a post here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-December/003573.html

which was discussing the issue with the megatec_usb driver detecting
the ups.status as OFF instead of OL or OB.

With the patch now applied I get the following:

battery.charge: 67.2
battery.voltage: 25.20
battery.voltage.nominal: 23.5
driver.flag.ignoreoff: enabled
driver.name: megatec_usb
driver.parameter.bus: 003
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 0000
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0001
driver.version: 2.2.1-
driver.version.internal: 1.5.9
input.frequency: 50.0
input.voltage: 229.0
input.voltage.fault: 165.0
input.voltage.maximum: 234.0
input.voltage.minimum: 226.0
output.voltage: 229.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 0
ups.delay.start: 2
ups.load: 0.0
ups.mfr: UNITEK
ups.model: ALPHA1250 VER2.0C
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 0.0

Which is great, I am assuming this is the desired output.

My question is, will this patch become a main part of nut ? what does
the ignoreoff option do to the driver in terms of usage ? i.e will nut
still work as anticipated ?

(Posted to both users and dev as it fits in both camps)

Kind Regards

Matt Brown