[Nut-upsuser] Trying to build opensuse 11.0 64-bit rpm for nut-2.2.2

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jul 2 09:27:07 UTC 2008

>> > I am trying to build an rpm for nut-2.2.2 on 64 bit opensuse 11.0.
>> Why?
> I didn't dare hope that opensuse would include nut-2.2.2, so I visited
> http://networkupstools.org/packages.html where "SuSE RPMs" goes nowhere.
> Perhaps it would be useful to point people towards the SuSE repositories
> such as
> http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/

Your absolutely right that the links to the SuSE (and some other) packages
on 'http://www.networkupstools.org' are hopelessly outdated. These should
be removed.

On the other hand, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that people
running a distribution first check if NUT is already provided by said
distribution, before trying to roll their own. Since the locations where
you can find it, change with every release, trying to keep track of this
has the same drawbacks as trying to keep in sync with every new version
that is released. The links in the left sidepanel of

    http://software.opensuse.org/

will help in locating the right version for your system.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands