[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:02:53 UTC 2008

2008/5/14 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> > So yes, you're welcome to register a demo link, but using the freshly
>  > created http://demo.networkupstools.org/
>  > I've pointed your page, and just regenerated the DNS entries. So it
>  > will take a few more days to propagate.
>
>  Provided you didn't change the nameservers for the 'networkupstools.org'
>  domain at the same time, this should more than the time the 'ns1.amen.fr'
>  and 'ns2.amen.fr' to reload the 'networkupstools.org' zone. If this is
>  significantly longer than a couple of hours (at the most), it's time to
>  find another place for these records.

no, amen is fine, and working for me for some years now.
it's now working and propagated...

>  [...]
>

>  > Finally, I'm still sad to see an APC as a NUT demo ;-p
>
>  Is there still so much hostility between MGE and APC, even after the
>  merger? ;-)
>
>  Bruce has a standing offer to give us something back. We could ask him if
>  he's willing to setup a upsstats page for the 800kVA Galaxy 6000 he's
>  using for powering a 1300+ nodes cluster. That's an MGE UPS device.
>  Granted, not an MGE OPS unit either, but at least it gets the first three
>  characters right... :-)

the point is there: which MGE are we talking about?
what was once called MGE UPS Systems is under final destruction to the
profit of APC.
what was the essence of MGE for NUT/FLOSS is what is now called MGE
Office Protection Systems (and somehow Powerware and Eaton).
And yes, there is a lot of hostility from them, and I'm personnaly sad
to see what Schneider has done to MGE and my ex colleagues (and still
friends)! And also what APC (+MGE) has (not) done for FLOSS...
But that's a personal opinion.
Sure, I would still prefer to see those 3 letters from Bruce' setup though ;-)

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com