[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Max 1100 configuration question

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:30:45 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

2008/5/22 Chris Cohen <kildau-ml at gmx.de>:

> > > I do. (Running Ubuntu Hardy LTS)
> >
> > The fact that you're able to run this driver on your desktop system
> > without problems, leads me to believe that the problem is in Xen and
> > not in either the driver and/or the UPS itself.
> >
> > A quick search via Google shows that USB support for anything other
> > than a keyboard and mouse is experimental at best in Xen at the
> > moment, so I think this may be where the problem is. Since I know
> > crap about Xen (or any other virtualization software for that
> > matter), I have no idea if and what can be done to correct this.
> >
> I just booted into a non-xen kernel (linux-image-2.6.24-17-server).
> Ran /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a mgeups.
> The UPS shut down again and so did my entire network...
> The error message is still the same. So I don't think my problem is xen
> related?
>
> > One thing that is worth checking, if this system is HAL enabled. In
> > that case, something like 'hald-addon-hid-ups' might be claiming the
> > UPS and I have no idea how well this is handled (if at all).
>
> HAL isn't installed. :)

point taken.

can you send us a gzip'ed trace (level 3) of the driver, in the shutdown
context.

just to be sure: when you start the driver (and only the driver, no
upsd/upsmon), does it immediately power off the UPS?

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems -
http://www.mgeops.com