[Nut-upsuser] Mustek PowerMust 600 USB configuration

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Mon Nov 3 15:24:12 UTC 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 18:03:44 you wrote:
> I need powerpc so I used:
>
> bubba:/home/janeks/dls# dpkg -i nut_2.2.2-6.2_powerpc.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package nut.
> (Reading database ... 33623 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking nut (from nut_2.2.2-6.2_powerpc.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of nut:
>  nut depends on libc6 (>= 2.7-1); however:
>   Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.6.ds1-13etch7.
>  nut depends on libupsclient1; however:
>   Package libupsclient1 is not installed.
>  nut depends on udev (>= 0.124-1); however:
>   Version of udev on system is 0.105-4.
> dpkg: error processing nut (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  nut
>
> So now the question is how to get those dependecies and will they do not
> counterfere with existing aplications.

The only way to get these dependencies is to upgrade the whole system to
lenny. I guess, this is not what you want to do.

It means you'll have to compile NUT from source. You have to install several
packages before compiling, I think, at least build-essential, libtool,
libusb-dev.

wget http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.2/nut-2.2.2.tar.gz
tar -xzf nut-2.2.2.tar.gz
cd nut-2.2.2
./configure --help
# select needed options. I suggest you to specify --prefix=/home/user/path at
# this time.  If you want only megatec_usb, you can use
# --with-drivers=megatec_usb
./configure <options>
make
make install

Then check the path you specified in --prefix.

--
  Alexander