[Nut-upsuser] Need help with Unitek Alpha 1200sx.

Joseph Borg juu.borg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:15:41 UTC 2008

Hi Alexander,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this; I got caught up with
some work. I've now downloaded and installed nut 2.2.2. Here is the output I
get when I try to start the driver:

-----------------------------------
[root at www bin]# ./megatec_usb -DDDDD -a unial1200
Network UPS Tools 2.2.2 - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.14 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2008

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]
Andrey Lelikov (c) 2006, Alexander Gordeev (c) 2006-2007, Jon Gough (c) 2007

debug level is '5'
Checking device (1D6B/0001) (002/001)
- VendorID: 1d6b
- ProductID: 0001
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0F03/0001) (001/002)
- VendorID: 0f03
- ProductID: 0001
- Manufacturer: Ver 1.0
- Product: USB To RS232 Interface (V1.0) BaudRate 2400bps
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Starting UPS detection process...
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

lsusb lists the device as there:

[root at www bin]# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0f03:0001  <=== this is it.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

You had mentioned stracing? How can we go about doing that?

Many thanks!

Joe