[Nut-upsuser] APC RS-800 usb not shutdown

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 24 17:41:09 UTC 2008

Citeren "mailing - effem" <mailing at thecmanet.com>:

[...]

> ups.timer.reboot: 0
> ups.timer.shutdown: -1

OK, your UPS doesn't have 'ups.timer.start'. That's not required to
shut it down, but this means that there will be no way to shutdown
with a delay and return when the power comes back. The fallback
'shutdown.reboot' command immediately shuts down and returns after a
delay.

[...]

> Initiating UPS shutdown
> upsdrv_shutdown...
> instcmd(shutdown.return, [NULL])
> find_nut_info: unknown info type: shutdown.return

This is an internal (driver) command, so this is what we expect here.

> instcmd(load.on.delay, 30)
> find_nut_info: unknown info type: load.on.delay
>
> instcmd: info element unavailable load.on.delay

If you don't have 'ups.timer.start', 'load.on.delay' (which is the
command that sets this timer), won't work either so this is no surprise.

> instcmd(shutdown.reboot, [NULL])
> Can't set Report 19: Broken pipe

But this is a problem. Since the requirements for 'shutdown.return'
are not met, the driver should (and indeed, does) fallback to
'shutdown.reboot'. However, this command is not accepted by the UPS,
although it is advertised in the HID report descriptor. This is ugly.

> Shutdown failed!

I'll see what I can do for you to work around this problem. Can you
build your own packages from SVN? This would be helpful in getting
this fixed quickly.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list