[Nut-upsuser] apc Backups BK 500 connection errors

freebsd at box201.com freebsd at box201.com
Sun Apr 26 05:34:47 UTC 2009

Charles, list,
Couple things I have recently learned. I don't have the original APC serial
cable for this backups. Currently my cable is a generic straight through
db9. If someone has the pinouts for a BK500 I'd appreciate a copy. I googled
for them but never found the "correct" pinout config.

Also, here is the output of upsd

/home/freebsd> /usr/local/sbin/upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.1
/usr/local/etc/nut/upsd.conf is world readable
ACL in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
ACL in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
ACCEPT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
REJECT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
listening on ::1 port 3493
Can't connect to UPS [apcBK500] (genericups-apcBK500): No such file or
directory
/usr/local/etc/nut/upsd.users is world readable

Thanks for the help, I'm lost here with this backups.
F-bsd