[Nut-upsuser] Belkin support?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:01:22 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009, Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
>On Monday 01 June 2009 05:08:05 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >Actually, for the usbhid-ups driver (with only one UPS on a machine), /
>> >etc/nut/boils down to:
>> >
>> >###########
>> >[myups]
>> >	driver = usbhid-ups
>> >	port = auto
>> >	desc = "Whatever floats your boat"
>> >###########
>>
>> Made no diff when I pasted that in & erased the other, sorry.
>
>This is the way I discover the base configuration problems: Try running the
> driver by hand, tweaking it in its own command line.
>
>Forget about NUT until you can run the driver itself. The driver is a
> program, and it can be launched alone. That way you can read the complete
> driver text output.
>
>Noel
>er Envite

That seems to work, as in doesn't exit even if I run a second invocation of
usbhid-ups -a myups, both show up at the bottom of htop's listing, and both
responded to a kill from htop.

The output was:
[root at coyote /]# usbhid-ups -a myups
Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)

Using subdriver: Belkin HID 0.11

But no other output was seen.  They ran for about 2 or 3 minutes.  Since this
ups outputs a continuous string of status info, there must be something doofy
in the connection.  I'll check when I am awake, ERR_NOTSUFFICIENT_CAFFEINE
right now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Traffic signals in New York are just rough guidelines.
		-- David Letterman