[Nut-upsuser] megaline 5000, battery charge

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 23 13:33:11 UTC 2009

Citeren Alexey Konokhov <a.konokhov op gmail.com>:

> I have Megaline 5000 UPS, which I need to monitor via RS232 interface.
> I'm using "metasys" driver, and everything is Ok, but I can't see
> battery charge.
> From command line and cgi-interface I can see battery voltage, input
> and output voltage and load of UPS in %. But there is nothing about
> battery charge and remaining time (when on-battery).
> Is there any chance to see it?

Well, looking at online documentation for this device, it looks like
the UPS is able to report these values on the build in LCD display. In
most cases, this means that you can also read this from the device
through the monitoring interface. The bad news here is, that currently
the metasys driver doesn't seem to handle this in any way.

Worse, short of some general fixes regarding changes in NUT, nobody
has touched this driver for at least four years. I'm not even sure if
the original author of this driver is still involved with NUT and/or
still has access to a device for testing. I've put him on the CC list
anyway, so we'll see if he is willing/able to add this to the driver.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list