[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Value 600E UPS (USB) is not recognized by usbhid-ups under FreeBSD 7.2

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon May 18 19:24:53 UTC 2009

Citeren forsite <forsite op gmail.com>:

[...]

> [root op substance /usr/local/libexec/nut]# ./usbhid-ups -a CyberPower -DDD
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> debug level is '3'
> upsdrv_initups...
> No appropriate HID device found
> No matching HID UPS found
>

> Any ideas what could be wrong here?

This vendorid:productid combination is supported by nut-2.4.1 out of
the box, so most likely, it is a permissions problem. Try running

     ./usbhid-ups -u root -DD -a CyberPower

to rule this out. We've had some postings on how to set this up on
FreeBSD in the past, so browse the archives if this indeed turns out
to be the problem.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list