[Nut-upsuser] Selftest intervall, APC Smart-UPS 750 RM

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:44:21 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 Markus Wildi <wildi.markus at bluewin.ch>

> Hello
>
> I recently switched from apcupsd to NUT2.2.2  without
> any troubles.
>
> I tried to figure out how I can configure the self-test
> intervall. The command upsrw lists only the variables
>
> battery.charge.low
> battery.runtime.low
> ups.delay.shutdown
> ups.delay.start
>
> The command usbhid-ups -D and the listing under
>

> http://obsvermes.org/cgi-bin/nut/upsstats.cgi?host=apcsmart@localhost&treemode
>
> show no hint on appropriate  variable.
>
> I scanned to log files and found no hint on successfull self-test.

it seems APC doesn't support this, or at least we have nothing mapped for
this.
for example, on Eaton / MGE units, we have
"UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.TestPeriod" mapped to "ups.test.interval"

to validate this, please upgrade to a more recent version (ie 2.4.1) and
post back the output of usbhid-ups -D

cheers,
Arnaud
--