[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:45:53 UTC 2009

2009/9/4 Chris Abel <cabel at wildwood.edu>

> Yes, This is my config summary:
>
> enable SSL development code: yes
> enable libwrap (tcp-wrappers) support: no
> enable IPv6 support: yes
> build CGI programs: no
> build and install the development files: no
> build serial drivers: yes
> build SNMP drivers: yes
> build USB drivers: yes
> enable HAL support: no
> build neon based XML driver: no
> build Powerman PDU client driver: no
>
> Is there another way to update to 2.4 other than building from source? I
> can't seem to get this to work and it is probably because I am relatively
> new to linux.

ok, before going to deep on this and wasting too much time on compilation,
I'd like to have:
- the output of "lsusb -vv -d09ae:0001".
- your USB topology (ie is the UPS plugged on a root hub, are there other
devices on the same bus, ...)
- the result of "ls -l /dev/bus/usb/XXX/YYY" where XXX is the Bus number and
YYY the Device number as shown by lsubs)

once this part is ok, we'll check again to test 2.4.1 from the source tree.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops