[Nut-upsuser] Eaton / MGE Ellipse MAX 600 USBS and nut

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Jan 22 18:26:08 UTC 2010

Citeren Michel Bouissou <michel-nut op bouissou.net>:

> Incredible to think about an UPS with communication capabilities
> that wouldn't be able to report a measured voltage :-/

There is a reason for that - money. Measuring the input/output voltage
requires a mains separated measuring circuit. The micro controller
used for communication invariably sits on a part of the circuit that
is isolated from the mains (for obvious reasons). While technically
this isn't much of a problem, there is a cost penalty to that.

>> I assume you're using the 'mge-shut' driver, right? In this driver,
>> the parameters are actually timer (not delay) values which will start
>> running immediately after writing them. This is confusing at best. If
>> you only want to change the delay values, you must use the 'ondelay'
>> and 'offdelay' parameters in 'ups.conf'.
>
> Good knowing. Yes, that's "confusing at best" ;-)

I've renamed these variables in the development version to
'ups.timer.start' and 'ups.timer.shutdown' for the 'mge-shut' driver
so that this is consistent with how we use these in other drivers.

@Arnaud: see commit 2257.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list