[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups and APC Smart-UPS 1500

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 12 19:11:47 UTC 2010

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+users op de-korte.org>:

> This only works if you either force the driver to run as root or add
> an entry to udev to list the VID:PID combination in the list of
> supported devices. The last option is the better of the two and can
> be done by copying the existing entry for APC productID 0002 and
> changing the productID to 0003.

The name of the file you need to modify varies. On my openSUSE-11.3
system, this file is '/etc/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules'. About
half way down this file you'll find the following entry (some fields
may have different names and values, be sure to use the ones from
*your* system):

#  APC
#  various models  - usbhid-ups
SYSFS{idVendor}=="051d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0002", MODE="664", GROUP="daemon"

Right below these lines, add the following:

SYSFS{idVendor}=="051d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0003", MODE="664", GROUP="daemon"

The changes to this file will require restarting udev. I'm not sure
what the best way is. If not inconvenient, I'd suggest to just reboot
the system (this guarantees that the new rules are in effect).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)