[Nut-upsuser] Liebert UPS GXT3 and Debian 6

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Wed Jun 8 11:27:46 UTC 2011

On 8/06/2011 11:04 p.m., Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2011, at 6:29 AM, Don Gould wrote:
>
>> it was suggested to me that nut might support my new ups.
>>
>> I have a headless debian box that it will be powering.
>>
>> Can someone tell me what packages I need to install?
>
> The base package for NUT in Debian is just called "nut" (currently at
> version 2.4.3):
>
>    http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/nut
>
> However, I don't think any of the NUT developers currently own a GXT3,

Well I have one and I'm more than willing to provide system access to
the devs if they want to help figure this out.

I've been though a number of weeks bouncing messages at the manufacture
of the UPS to end up with a less than satisfactory answer and I'd just
love to see this puppy with some functional FLOSS driving it.

> and we are waiting to hear back from another user as to whether the
> latest version of NUT handles that device any better.

Ya, I saw your other message.  Debian repo is at ver 2.4.3 and the
current SVN is some what more advanced....  I'm happy to help with some
testing if people are happy to help baby the newbi :)

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau
Christchurch, New Zealand