[Nut-upsuser] How to set a UPS variable

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Fri Aug 10 17:21:48 UTC 2012

queequeg says hi.  :)

I am trying to set a UPS variable, specifically outlet.1.delay.shutdown

I've been all over the online docs.  I have found the full listing of
the various variables that I can set.  I've read the page that says,

C. NUT command and variable naming scheme

This is a dump of the standard variables and command names used in NUT.
Don’t use a name with any of the dstate functions unless it exists
here.

If you need a new variable or command name, contact the Development
Team first.

Put another way: if you make up a name that’s not in this list and it
gets into the tree, and then we come up with a better name later,
clients that use the undocumented variable will break when it is
changed.

The question I have is, how do I set the outlet.1.delay.shutdown
variable to the value I want?  Am I missing something obvious in the
docs?  Does it go into one of the config files?  Do I have to run a
separate program?

Thanks in advance.