[Nut-upsuser] How to set a UPS variable

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Sat Aug 11 14:15:21 UTC 2012

On 8/10/2012 at 4:53 PM Charles Lepple wrote:

|On Aug 10, 2012, at 1:21 PM, Mike. wrote:
|
|> I am trying to set a UPS variable, specifically
outlet.1.delay.shutdown

|You need upsrw: http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsrw.html
|
|Unlike upsc, you will also need to define a NUT user/password pair in
|upsd.users which has permissions to write variables ("actions = set"):
|http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html
|
|Let us know if you have any further questions.

|--
|Charles Lepple
|clepple at gmail
 =============

Thanks for the quick reply.  That man page looks like all I need.

If I may suggest that a quick reference to the upsrw man page be placed
somewhere on the

 http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s08.html#_n
ut_outlet_data_collection

page because "[t]his chapter introduces how to manage outlets in
general, and how to take advantage of the provided features."  Such a
reference would have been very helpful.

Thanks again for the assist.

Mike.