[Nut-upsuser] Windows NUT shutdown UPS?

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Sat Jul 21 01:52:28 UTC 2012

I was wondering what you guys do about UPS shutdown on Windows systems?
Apcupsd has the same issue, so I'm assuming it is the same with NUT.
Windows just makes it hard/impossible to do.

Do you find draining the batteries down so much cause issues for longevity?

Regarding my Eaton 5110, I found that automatic driver setup works just
fine on Windows XP but not at all on Windows 7 x64 (I don't have any
x86, so I can't test that). I have a APC ES 725 plugged into my win7x64
test machine and I had to manually install the driver for it too. So I'm
thinking it might be a win7x64 issue. Not a big deal for me though.