[Nut-upsuser] NUT for Windows + Eaton/PW 5110

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Sat May 26 19:27:30 UTC 2012

Kris Jordan wrote, On 5/14/2012 11:14 AM:
> Frédéric Bohé wrote, On 5/14/2012 2:31 AM:
>> Hello Kris,
>>
>> On Sat, 2012-05-12 at 16:00 -0700, Kris Jordan wrote:
>>> Nut for Windows 2.6.3-3 + Eaton/PW 5110 (103004256-5591).
>>>
>>> I had to manually install libusb driver and I'm using bcmxcp_usb.
>>
>> Why did you install libusb manually ? Did the installer fail ?
>
> It says no known UPS device found, try installing manually.
>
> I forgot to mention a few specifics:
> Windows 7 x64 SP1 (up2date)
> 500VA (120V/US version of the UPS)
> F/W: 1.5, USB: 0.5.
>
>> Can you send your configuration files please (nut.conf, upsd.conf,
>> ups.conf. upsmon.conf and upssched.conf if you use upssched ).
>
> I made minimal changes to begin with, no changes to upssched.conf or
> upsd.conf.
>
>> FYI this is the output of upsc for my 5110. I'm afraid it won't satisfy
>> your needs. Anyway, please send your configuration file since you may
>> have discovered a bug. :
>>
> <SNIP>
>> ups.beeper.status: enabled
>> ups.load: 0.0
> > ups.status: OL
>
> I was able to disable the beeper using lansafe (with
> permanently-disabled checked), but as soon as I turned the unit off,
> it lost the setting. So I'd have to use lansafe to maintain that setting.
>
> No load?
>
> No where did I see an "online" status in IPP or lansafe, just
> "charging" which to me sounds like a problem, unless they consider it
> float charging. I'd be interested what my 5110 says in NUT.

I created a log for the driver. 15seconds in I started upsd, 25 seconds
in I started upsmon where it crashes upsd.

If I start 'upsc eaton' a couple seconds *before* upsd, it will get the
values before it crashes upsd.

I threw a bunch of D's on upsd,

mainloop: no data available
mainloop: wait for 4 filedescriptors