[Nut-upsuser] HP R1500 G3 problems II

Jan Phillip Greimann jg at softjury.de
Tue Aug 20 14:49:20 UTC 2013

Hi there,

OS: Debian Squeeze
Nut: 2.6.4-2.3
Installation Method: Package (apt-get install nut-server nut-client)
Hardware: HP R1500 G3 INT
Hardware-Specs:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14059_div/14059_div.pdf

The problem:

I've installed my R1500 in our data-center and connected it to my
server, a HP DL380 G7. This server has redundant power supply, on to the
regular power socket, the other one to the R1500 ups.

So far this seems to work, but the values from "upsc" looks odd. I
figured it out that the problem is the redundant power supply. "upsc"
says the most time that the load is 0%. While a heavier process on the
server it raised to 11% load.

That makes it impossible for me to determine the battery-time on a power
outage.

The only possible way to get the average load must be to run the server
only with the power from the ups, or?

Thanks, Jan

STDOUT from "usbc hp1500":
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dmJHwAMU  0% load