[Nut-upsuser] Dell EMC 118031985 SPS - nothing but questions

Richard Collins the.hungarian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:26:09 UTC 2013

I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this standby power supply for
Dell servers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200824909297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I made up a cable and can connect to it at 9600 baud 8N1. The problem is that
all it ever does is respond with a "?" and ends it with a LF
it does this whenever it recieves a LF - I'm begining to think its mocking me!

I've tried each of the NUT drivers in turn, none of them like what they see.

Under the covers theres a PIC controller so the protocol could be anything.
Has anyone got any ideas where to start?

BT W it is in full working order and nothing comes out if I cut the supply.