[Nut-upsuser] UPSSCHED and FreeBSD 8.3?

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Sat Jan 5 14:45:55 UTC 2013

> What about if you use the full path for mail? I don't know about the
> environment used - if it is very restrictive the mail executable might not be
> found.

I can 'su' to the FreeBSD nutuser, uucp, and execute the upssched-cmd script
upsbatt argument with that username.  Mail from uucp gets sent by my system
and is received on my cellphone.  I also checked the environment for the
path, it is till the BSD default and doesn't have any additional
restrictions.

My problem looks to be in how upsmon spawns the upssched program when the
NOTIFYFLAG is triggered.  That was the reason that I asked the group on the
method to call upssched when running as the uucp user separate from getting
called by upsmon.  I already know that the UPS on battery flag is set because
I get a 'wall' message and an entry in syslog.  No mail gets sent and I want
to narrow down what is happening by giving the timer lots of time and look
for the lock and pipe file creation and processes running with some debug
flags set.  I would rather not keep pulling the plug to the UPS to put it on
battery.

Tom
--
Public Keys: