[Nut-upsuser] infosec e4

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 00:05:19 UTC 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Goslawski, Dawid (NSN - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:

> Oh, so this means that FCD will really send shutdown command to ups (so turn off working on battery) or only to upsmon ? I will also use upssched cause our systems need approx 15min to shutdown gracefully and I want to know how to properly do it.

I don't use upssched myself, I'm just pointing out the relevant sections of the documentation. I'm pretty sure it explains this.

The "right way" to do this is to use an UPS which implements battery.runtime.low, and let the UPS start the shutdown when less than 15 minutes of power (plus a safety factor) are available.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail