[Nut-upsuser] Liebert PSA "On Battery" report

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:46:06 UTC 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 12:33 AM, Derek Harding <derek at lagham.org.uk> wrote:

> This is the last post in the old thread:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2011-February/006651.html

Ugh, right - it's the one where they had two different UPSes with the same VID:PID, and very different HID descriptors.

> I'm marginally reluctant to install a non-standard release on a customer server because I may not be the next person to have to work on it, however, I do agree the most recent is usually the first port-of-call. Since it seems the fix didn't get followed through, I'll wait on that one (new usbhid.c, liebert.c and Belkin.c?)

Hopefully it won't require a non-standard release; maybe just a backport. This commit is in 2.6.4 and later:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/207fed2282ce0bdf36a2fbb87aa8acb7180e2dd7

Since there have not been many fundamental changes to the driver/upsd interface in 2.6.x and 2.7.x, you could compile the usbhid-ups driver with the same settings as your distribution used for ./configure, and it should drop in.

Also, sometimes you can get away with downloading the latest source package for your distribution (e.g. the .orig tarball and patches for Debian, or an SRPM for RPM-based systems), and just rebuilding it on the older OS release.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail