[Nut-upsuser] config file locations

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:06:48 UTC 2014

Hi Gene,

On Oct 21, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

>> configure: error: libgd not found, required for CGI build
>>
>> And gdlib does not appear to be available from the repo's.

Sorry, I must have missed that message.

This is still with Ubuntu 10.04, right?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/lucid/nut lists the build dependencies, and it looks like both libgd2-xpm-dev and libgd2-noxpm-dev are still available. (NUT does not explicitly need the XPM support, so either one should work.)

I will admit that we haven't done much with the NUT CGI stuff lately. A few years ago, someone pointed me towards collectd, which logs min/max/average values to RRD databases (among others), and I have been using that to get hourly/daily/weekly/monthly summaries via CGI scripts (/usr/share/doc/collectd-core/examples/collection3). NUT monitoring seems to be available in the collectd version that is in 10.04. Something to consider if you are looking for more than just an instantaneous readout: http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/collectd

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail