[Nut-upsuser] No power cycle after shutdown on Atlantis Land OnePower A03-S1001

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:35:55 UTC 2015

On Oct 14, 2015, at 2:25 PM, Davide Baldini <baldiniebaldini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then, nothing is different; issuing commands yields to the same exact results as before, and syslog contains no additional details at all.

The portion you quoted was for upsmon - the debug output would come from the driver instead.

The debug options enable logging to stderr, though - not to syslog. For future reference, under Debian, you can start everything as usual, kill the existing driver, then run the driver from the command line (optionally capturing stdout and stderr to a file):

/lib/nut/nutdrv_qx -a myups -D 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log

For now, please try hyouko's recommendation. We have a number of posts in the archives detailing how you can build the latest version of NUT for Debian - let us know if you run into any issues.

> I guess that was not the right place where to append these debug parameters I also suspect the nut driver (nutdrv_qx) might not be the correct one for my ups.

The nutdrv_qx driver is the best match for your UPS; however, the vendor did not even bother to get a legitimate USB ID (FFFF:0000) so it is not terribly surprising that some commands do not work the same way as other models.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail