[Nut-upsuser] Two UPS with same vendor ID

Juergen Edner fli4l-eisfair at telejeck.de
Sat Aug 6 19:18:25 UTC 2016

Hello Edgar,

> Is there any way I could use that value to differentiate between them?
>
> I cannot change bus, this is on a raspberry pi

have you tried to run 'nut-scanner -U' to find out the serial
number of the UPS, so that you can use it to identify each
device:

# nut-scanner -U

Scanning USB bus.
[nutdev1]
        driver = "usbhid-ups"
        port = "auto"
        vendorid = "051D"
        productid = "0002"
        product = "Back-UPS BR  800 FW:9.o4 .I USB FW:o4"
        serial = "3B763X76344"                             # <<<
        vendor = "American Power Conversion"
        bus = "002"

This output would mean that you need to add the following entry
to your configuration:

serial = 3B763X76344

Regards
Juergen