[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SNMP Webcard and NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 03:21:16 UTC 2016

[when responding, please use Reply-All - the list does not do this for you.]

> On Jul 5, 2016, at 10:01 AM, Shane Welcher <swelcher at Customis.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve tried looking for documentation on configuring NUT for Ubuntu 12.04 over SNMP with a Tripplite UPS, but there isn’t a lot of SNMP configurations tutorials out there from what I’ve seen. I haven’t been able to get automatic shutdown to work. The driver I’ve been using is usbhid-ups which is generic for Tripplite, but I’ve reviewed several other UPS driver names and some of them are dedicated for SNMP. Will the usbhid-ups work for SNMP? This is the UPS we use Tripp Lite SMART2200RMXL2U. I can supply more information if I need to, but I’m mainly just looking for a good SNMP configuration tutorial. Thank you.

Ubuntu 12.04 contains NUT 2.6.3, which should be able to shutdown that UPS over a USB connection.

However, if you need to use SNMP, you will need the snmp-ups driver, and SNMP shutdown functionality was not added until 2.6.4 (in Ubuntu 14.04 and later).

http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/snmp-ups.html

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail