[Nut-upsuser] Windows Version not working --

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:20:38 UTC 2016

On Jul 14, 2016, at 7:34 AM, Jeff Silberberg <jms at compudesigns.net> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It sounds like the UPS is connected. Since you mentioned libusb0.dll, make sure that the UPS is not being recognized as a regular HID UPS (instead, it should be claimed by libusb)
>>

> Charles,
>
>        I think this is exactly the issue..  The Microsoft USB driver grabbed the device when I plug in the USB cable,  not sure how to stop that ?  Can I just "update" the device driver through the devices properties,although I am sure there is probably a better approach.

[please use Reply-All to include the list. thanks!]

Not sure. I haven't used the Windows port of NUT. If I recall, it was first written prior to the introduction of WinUSB, so there will be some fiddling with drivers. From the installer file:

"If the automatic USB driver installation fails, you can try to install a driver manually. For this go to :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/

After installling libusb-win32, run libUSB's Inf Wizard and choose your device."

   -- https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/6d53cfe37c9c2c5779ac5efd3dc5428586d67961/scripts/Windows/Installer/NUT-Installer.xml

I'm CC'ing the list again so that hopefully one of the Windows developers will see this.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail