[Nut-upsuser] unexpected shutdown, had to reinstall xorg.server

Stuart Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Mon Jun 27 13:34:23 UTC 2016

On 06/27/2016 08:08 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:\
> The net result being that I've had commercial power for 10 minutes or so
> and I am replying to an email message when click and the whole system is
> dead from a low battery shutdown.
Since that was apparently not initiated by nut, the problem is with the
UPS.  Yes, we've junked several UPSes that would shut off in the middle
of a work day with no commercial power problems at all.

While I would recommend your new UPS be a little better quality than
Belkin (I suggest CyberPower as still cheap, very nut compatible, and
very reliable in our decades of experience), any UPS can fail.   The
best way to protect against that is with dual power supplies - although
that may be overkill for your application, it is pretty much essential
for a server.