[Nut-upsuser] Questions about Eaton 5E 1, 100W 2, 200VA 6-Outlet UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:23:27 UTC 2016

> On Oct 31, 2016, at 10:15 PM, Michael Evans <mjevans1983 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are there any other tests I can perform or ways that I can help gather data to get the longer tests supported?

The "test.battery.start" command takes a parameter in seconds (defaults to 600):

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/drivers/nutdrv_qx_blazer-common.c#L286

It is possible that 600 seconds is too long for your model.

All of these NUT instant commands get converted to one- or two-character commands to be sent to the UPS:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/drivers/nutdrv_qx_q1.c#L40

It is probably worth a quick check to see if the vendor software has any documentation on the battery test options.

The battery test commands are likely to stop before the battery gets drained too much. You can also use a power strip or circuit breaker to cut the input power to determine runtime.